9 Days Kilimanjaro Climbs The Northern Circuit Route With A Crater Overnight
The Northern Circuit is the newest and longest route on Mount Kilimanjaro. It begins in the West at the Londorossi Gate and follows the same path as the Lemosho Route for the first two days. After crossing the Shira plateau the path veers north near Lava Tower, following the longer Northern Circuit instead of the more popular Southern Circuit via Barranco Valley The route circles around the quieter northern slopes to the east side of the mountain.
The Northern Circuit is longer than the other trails on Kilimanjaro, taking a minimum of eight or nine days to complete. The eight-day trek skips the additional acclimatization day that is usually spent at Shira Camp 2 and continues straight on to Moir Camp.
About Crater Camp on Kilimanjaro
Crater camp is not a route in its own right but a challenging extension that in principle can be added to any route. It involves sleeping overnight in the bowl of the crater. An amazing experience enjoyed by only a few of the most adventurous climbers. The period depends on the route. Camping at the crater is a bit expensive since it’s charged extra by the park authority and the crew wages are paid extra.
- Private transport to & from Kilimanjaro International Airport to your accommodations in Arusha.
- Nights of accommodation in Moshi/Arusha.
- Transportation to & from the Kilimanjaro gate
- Park entry fees,
- Camping fees
- Rescue fees
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- 4 Season Mountain tents
- Double-layered Sleeping Mats
- Friendly and professional mountain guides, cooks, and porters
- Three hot meals daily while on the mountain, hot drinks, and snacks
- Enough treated & filtered drinking water throughout the trek
- Hot water for washing
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA),
- Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (TLTO And TATO)
- Government taxes
- Portable oxygen tanks & ox meter
- Emergency first-aid kit
- Portable flush toilet from Group of 4 if you are less than 4 you will pay extra 95$
Price Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Laundry (Available at the hotel)
- Personal items and toiletries
- Surcharge for online payment of balance (5%)
- Tips for guides, porters, and cooks (this is a guide to tipping on the mountain